Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Four Envelopes in the Mail

I know this is my second entry today, but if you read my first entry, you will understand the significance of the mail I received today.

I mentioned in an earlier post about a "card tree" that had been set up by friends at Green Elementary, Evelyn Trivoli and LeAnn Eldridge. The idea that they shared with Steve last week is that I am to receive something in the mail, some show of support from interested parties every day. It has been going on for about a week now, and on average, I get about one a day.

Today I got four. Two were anonymous. Two were not. One had a tea packet enclosed; one a few inspirational rub-on words for placement anywhere of my choosing. All were wonderful.

I am so inspired that I wanted to write to express my thanks. I am overwhelmed by the support of the families of our community. Thank you to Rebecca Dierdorff and the SD United Futbol League who have organized and provided upwards of 20 meals for our family since January. Thank you Charleen Love and Rancho Del Rey Middle for organizing meals at the onset of my cancer diagnosis and through my first couple of treatments. Thank you to my neighborhood friends who are always at my beck and call. Thank you to my mom and dad for everything! Thank you to my brother and Kelly for visiting from Portland so often. Thank you Steve's family for keeping such close tabs on us and being there at every turn. Thank you LeAnn and Evelyn for organizing this latest outreach of support and to all those who participate. Thank you to the Deluca's for bringing the kids to school during my chemo weeks and for calling even on off chemo weeks to see if they need a ride. Thank you to Tom for making sure that our master bedroom remodel was completed so I have my own sanctuary. And this list could go on and on. There have been so many wonderful contributions of heart, hard work and spirit.

My daily limitations I feel guilty about...but the four envelopes I got in the mail today were a great reminder of how blessed and honored I am to be supported by such a special group of people. May I be so lucky as to return the favor one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment