Monday, November 23, 2009

Today, I feel like a beauty queen....

My colleague and friend, Becky Robinson was already planning to walk the San Diego Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk when she learned of my battle with breast cancer. Last week, she offered to walk in my honor. I was extremely touched and honored.

When I returned to the office this morning, post the 3-Day, I was touched even more by Becky's generosity and the efforts another friend/colleague, Amanda Austin. Amanda made Becky a satin pink sash with white ruffles. My name on one side and "For a Lifetime" is on the other. Becky gave it to me this morning, showing me pictures of her wearing the sash and others she met on the walk trying it on. She also told me stories about how she had worn it the entire length of the walk and the well wishes she received when she told my story.

Wow. That is all I can think of to say. I have the sash on now. And I do feel like a beauty queen, wrapped in love and overwhelmed by the support of friends and family.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not an emotional person. I do not cry in sad movies, etc. I was fighting back tears on this one. Thank you, Becky and Amanda. You too are truly special ladies.

P.S. Here is the link to Becky's website, should you want to check it out: http://www.the3day.org/goto/beckyrobinson

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Marsi,

    I know I've said this already, but I am so proud that you are attacking this head on. You are a brave chick! I'll call you tonight to check on ya. The girls and I are still planning on coming and we can't wait to see you. Keep your chin up, you're are on the right path!! Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete