Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cooper

I often hear him breathing at the top of the stairs that lead down to our bedroom. He generally spralls out on the floor, paws extended as if to block the hallway completely. I think Cooper aims to guard me while I sleep. Sometimes at my bedside, sometimes at the foot of our bed; and sometimes even on our bed, if I let him.

He is patient while I sleep. Never minding if I need to step over him in the middle of the night on my way to the bathroom or to get a glass of water.

This morning, when I layed down for a nap, Cooper made a place for himself right on Steve's pillow. I rested quietly for a while trying to meditate myself to sleep. I was breathing into the pain in my side willing it to decipate. It was not working. As my breaths got deeper and more deliberate, Cooper sat up at attention. He licked by face and rested his head on my arm, sensing my unease. I have been learning about channeling energy and prayer to help in healing...and so, I borrowed Cooper's good energy to help me relax. It worked. I arose from my nap about 20 minutes later, completely refreshed.   

I call him my prince, a private name that I only share with him. When I look in his eyes, love pouring out, it suits him.


No comments:

Post a Comment