Thursday, October 27, 2011

Feeling Better

I am feeling better. For the last couple of days, I have had a little extra energy. Mornings are my best time. By lunch time, I still am pretty tuckered out. I try to nap between 12:30-2, when my daughter arrives home from school. However, I find that I am fairly groggy when I awake. It is a little frustrating. I hope that at the days get further away from my past chemo infusion, my energy level will continue to increase.

That being said, I am taking another chemo treatment via pill form twice a day. I am on about day 9/14. I was having issues with nausea over the last several days. Thankfully, Dr. Sweet changed my nausea prevention med and it seems to be working. Life without nausea is sublime!

The insertion of my port will be on Wednesday, November 3. I am not all that excited to be back "under the knife". However, I know that in the end, this is the best choice for me long term. It will help to save my veins against their potential collapse as long term chemo infusions can cause.

So, I sit here on my couch, still groggy, though it is 5:00 in the afternoon. I never quite recovered from my nap. It is disappointing, but I know I will survive. And with patience, I hope to do more than that. I hope to live a little more. Day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment